Monday, September 21, 2015

Week 2 of unilife

Last week was a lot of fun! 
This includes all of the school stuff. Our topic of the week as constitutional law, which I find extremely interesting as it gives a good insight to the society. Also the concepts of Trias Politica and fundamental rights are something I really enjoyed. This week seems to be a complete opposite! We're doing administrative law, which is so boring. It's basically all about decisions and orders related to issues such as building permits, student support applications, licence to sell food etc. And then the things related to objecting those. On top of all of this I also have a presentation for English on Friday. At least I got to choose my own topic for that. My presentation will be on the UN Convention on the Rights of persons with disabilities and focusing on Finland's lack of ratification. The presentation is mostly done, just need to practice it anymore. We also have our first IT assignment this week. I already did it to the extent that I could. The UN website for looking up a couple of questions was down. (Not surprised to be honest)

Last weekend was spent in the field of law. Saturday was spent at the library trying to understand Administrative Law and answering our assignment questions for Wednesday. Still have to put some effort into it tomorrow morning. The reason why I was at the library is that our internet was down for the second weekend in a row. Now it's luckily back up again, but we can only use cable at the moment. I'm just happy at the moment that I get internet on some device in my room.

Sunday was spent at the Hague. They had doors open to many different international judicial institutions. I visited the International Criminal Court and got a good understanding of how they operate etc. I was also supposed to visit the ICTY (International Criminal Tribunal of Yugoslavia), but we were coming too late, so just visited the lobby and saw the building. Definitely I will visit the Open Days next year as well, to see the ICTY and perhaps the ICJ (which was already booked full when I chose my visiting places). 

Now a bit more of rewriting notes from today's lecture and then off to bed!  

No comments:

Post a Comment